Pattern: Available at Knitting Daily. http://shop.interweave.com/Prairie-Tunic-P350C44.aspx
Yarn: Just under two skeins of Buckingham, Bristol Yarn Gallery
Needles: #3 US Inox Express Circulars
Gauge: 6 stitches/per inch
Pattern Notes and Modifications: Where to start? I went into this project with an open mind and tons of knowledge because I did a lot of research from other knitters who had made this top before me, so I was prepared to modify this project as much as possible in order to make it work for my body size. With my calculator in hand and pen and paper I did some quick math. I started with the back and cast on 94 stitches. I followed the pattern until the triangle extension, in which case I repeated the four edge stitch section 11 times, and then again followed the pattern instructions for the rest of the pattern. For the front I cast on 84 stitches and followed the pattern exactly just taking into account the 30 less stitches I originally cast on. Instead of keeping the slits on the sides I decided to sew them up, I like the way it looks a lot better. The length of the top ended up longer than I expected, but overall it works. I love this top a lot, it’s extremely delicate and it looks extremely intricate, but the pattern was so incredibly simple that I might make another one.